To empower women through education.
To Promote value education and inculcate good citizenship.
To succeed in an environment of growth and excellence which provides me satisfaction and help me to achieve organizational goals.
It is my mission to fulfill the vision of our Founder President and work to the best of my ability.
NO. OF COURSES ATTENDED:
Orientation 2, Refresher 2
- Participated in the Orientation Programme for newly appointed College Teachers conducted by the Academic Staff College of Madurai Kamaraj University from 18.5.89 to 15.6.89.
- Attended a four week Orientation course from 3.6.94to 30.6.94 organised by the Academic Staff College, Pondicherry University under the Academic Staff Orientation scheme of UGC.
- Participated in the Refresher Course in English conducted by the Academic Staff College of Madurai Kamaraj University from 5.5.99 to 25.5.99.
- Theme: Post-war Literature and Criticism.
- Participated in the 21 Day UGC-Refresher Course in English at the Department of English, Manonmaniam Sundranar University, Tirunelveli from 17.1.2002to 11.2.2002.
- Theme: Recent Trends in Literature in English &Literary Theories.
WORKSHOPS, SEMINARS&CONFERENCE ATTENDED:
- Attended In Service Training Workshop for College Teachers of English conducted at Sarah Tucker College for Women, Tirunelveli from 29.2.88 to 5.3.88.
- Participated in the Seminar on Indian English Literature sponsored under COHSSIP at St.Xavier’s College, Palayamkottai from 18 to 20 December 1990.
- Participated in the Seminar on Comparative Literature on February 4th and 5th 1994at Aditanar College of Arts and Science, Tiruchendur.
- Participated in the National Seminar jointly organized by the Department of English, Manonmaniam Sundranar University, Tirunelveli and the Central Institute of Indian Languages, Manasagangotri, Mysore between February 24 and 26, 2005 held at Manonmaniam Sundranar University, Tirunelveli.
- Attended the two day National Conference on Culture and Literature on 15th and 16th February 2007.
- Participated in the two-day Train the Trainers Programme on Soft Skills to enhance employability of students at Annammal College of Education on 4th and 5th February,2008.
- Participated in the One-day Orientation cum Workshop for Youth Co-ordinators,YRC Programme officers and Placement Officers at the Manonmaniam Sundranar University, Tirunelveli on 31.07.2008.
- Participated in the One-day Workshop for Youth Co-ordinators, at Manonmaniam Sundranar University, Tirunelveli on07.08.2009.
- Participated in the One-day Workshop for the Youth Co-ordinators, of the affiliated colleges at Manonmaniam Sundranar University, Tirunelveli on27.07.2010.
- Participated in the Workshop on Skill-based subjects Personality Development and Effective Communication organized by Manonmaniam Sundranar University on14th and 15th December 2009 held at V.O.C. College, Thoothukudi.
- Participated in the third Workshop on “Developing Reading and Writing skills through Blogs” organized by Thoothukudi ELT@chapter on 7th April2010.
- Chaired a session on Legal Rights of Women in one-day seminar on “Empowering women “organized by Women’s studies centre of Manonmaniam Sundranar University on August23rd 2012at A.P.C.Mahalaxmi College for Women,Thoothukudi.
- Participated and Chaired a session at the UGC sponsored National Conference on Tribal Literature: Across Continents and Cultures on 7th and 8th March2013.
- Participated and Chaired a session at UGC sponsored National Seminar on Redefining Feminism: A Study of Indian writing in English on 27th and 28th March2013.
- Participated in the UGC sponsored National Seminar on Indian Writing in English: A Literature Uprising – 28th September 2013 orgainsed by Department of English, Mannar Thirumalai Naicker College, Madurai and TJELLS.
- Participated in the National Seminar on New Perspectives and Practices for Quality Enhancement in Higher Education organized by the IQAC of Holy Cross College, Nagercoil held on 8th October 2013.
- Participated in UGC sponsored International Conference on Teaching English for Employability (TCE 2013)on 21st &22nd November 2013 organised by Annammal College of Education for Women, Thoothukudi in collaboration with English Language Teachers Association of India,Thoothukudi(ACE)Chapter.
- Participated in the National Seminar on Institutional Quality Improvement :Role of Information and Communication Technology on 31st January and 1st February 2014 organised by IQAC St.Mary’College, Thoothukudi.
SEMINARS/WORKSHOPS CO-ORDINATED AND CONVENED AS HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- State level seminar – Research Regalia: Literature, Languages and Linguistics on 10th February 2012.
- State level Workshop: Empower your Inner Power Department of English A.P.C.Mahalaxmi College for Women,Thoothukudi chapter on 20th December 2012.
- One-day International Workshop on Scholastic Phases Phases in English Language Learning on 4th October 2013.
- A Thematical comparision of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice and Rajam Krishnan’s Amuthamaki Varuka in UGC Refresher course 2002.
- Approaches and Critical views on Cultural studies in the National Conference on Culture and Literature 2007.
- Use of Language and peculiarities in Shashi Deshpande’s novels. Published in TJELLS.ISSN 2249-2151(Print)
- A Discourse Reading of the Indian women writer’s, Anita Desai and Shashi Deshpande. Published in TJELLS ISSN 2249 -216X (On Line)
- Discourse Peculiarities of Anita Desai in her selected novels. To be Published in Language in India.ISSN 1930 -2940
- M.Phil Scholar of M.S.University (2006-2007)
- III Yr.Major Projects .
- Head the Dept. of English since 2011-12.
- Co-ordinator of Career oriented program for 5 yrs (2008-2013).
- Youth Co-ordinator 2008-2010.
- Placement officer 2008-2010and in-charge of Career guidance cell.
- Chief editor of the Garden – A Collection of Critical Essays in Honour of Pro.K.Bala
- Subramaniam M.S.University, Tirunelveli. ISBN 978-81-923897-3-8
- Served as a Member of the Souvenier committee MAHA RUBY FEST 2014.
- Served as a Co-ordinator of Cultural events of the MAHA RUBY FEST 2014.
- In-Charge staff of the students activity committee 2013-2014.
- Organised and arranged meetings in the campus public and govt. programs.
- Over-all incharge of College Day activities 2013-2014.
- Chief Invigilator TNPSC 2012, Group IV.
- Chief Invigilator VAO 2012.
- Chief Invigilator TNPSC 2013.
- Chief Invigilator TNPSC 2014.
- Chief Superintendent M.S.University Board Exams for Year 2011, 2012, 2013 &2014.
- Additional Chief Superintendent for the conduct of B.Ed and M.Ed exams 2014.
- Prepares students to participate in curricular,co-curricular and extra- curricular activities.
- Conducted special day programs like Founders Day, Republic Day, Independence Day.
- Evaluated Part II English in M.S.University Board Exams and External Examiner for spoken English viva-voce in M.S.University Board Exams.