Short-Term Programmes (In collaboration with IECD, BDU)
A.P.C.Mahalaxmi College for Women, Thootkukudi, has entered Memorandum of Understanding on 20/02/2020 with Bharathidasan University’s Institute for Entrepreneurship and Career Development (IECD), Khajamalai Campus, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli – 620 023 to conduct the short term courses successfully in our college campus for promoting entrepreneurship and career development among the students. It is a flexible skill development training centre for enriching the current as well as dropped-out and passed-out students.
The University’s IECD has intended to approve the following 19 Short-Term programmes to be offered by our college.
1. Multimedia & Web Design
2. Herbal Cultivation
3. Communication Skills in English
4. Event Management
5. Interview Skills
6. Retail Management
7. Entrepreneurship & Career Development
8. Entrepreneurship Development (Food Science and Catering Management)
9. Office Management
10. Beauty Culture
11. Yoga & Stress Management
13. Tourism & Travel Management
14. Fruits & Vegetables Processing & Preservation
15. Industrial & Analytical Chemistry
16. கலை மற்றும் கட்டிடக்கலை
17. தெருக்கூத்தும் ஒயிலாட்டமும்
18. ஊடக எழுத்துக்கலை
Objectives of the Short-Term Programmes:
The Institution in collaboration with IECD, Bharathidasan University, offers the above-mentioned short-term programmes in order to:
- Promote entrepreneurship among women students
- Inculcate essential skills that are needed to manage a business
- Create a platform that facilitates students to explore entrepreneurial ideas throughout their studies.
Outcomes of the Short-Term Programmes:
Expected outcomes of these short-term programmes are:
- Students would gain theoretical, technical and practical knowledge on various areas of vocational interests.
- These courses would develop the soft skills and entrepreneurial skills of students.
- Students’ confidence level would elevate and this would enable them to achieve professionalism and meet challenges posed by this competitive environment.