A Bachelor of Arts is an undergraduate degree available in many areas of study with an emphasis on liberal arts, languages, or social sciences. Degrees in these fields open the doors to a wide variety of jobs in diverse industries, and are useful in helping students develop reading, writing, and critical thinking skills.
A B.A. in English Literature is actually a well-respected degree that develops a number of useful skills in students.
- Offers the students a deep insight into the world of literature, and enables them to seriously appreciate the major literary works
- Enabling the students to get an understanding of life, by giving them an introduction to the social, economical, cultural, intellectual, and political backgrounds of the diverse periods in history.
- Develops strong linguistic capabilities through very informative theory and practical sessions.
- Enables to identify the student’s area of specialization by giving electives.
- Understand literary pieces from prose, poetry, short stories, one act plays, drama and fiction.
- Acquaint various genres in Indian Writing in English
- Enhance vocabulary and usage of English through reading
- Know Australian literary texts and approach them from a postcolonial perspective
- Know the social-cultural background on which a literary text is grounded
- Understand the dangers of Environmental threats due to various kinds of pollutions
- Know the rich literary tradition in Indian Writing in English
- Acquaint the growth and development of English drama from a historical perspective
- Know the historical movements that influenced the transformation of the literary tastes and standards.
- Know about the Age of Hardy through the close reading of the selected texts
- Know Canadian literature through the close reading of the selected texts
Learning the complexities of the region through its literature