Department of Physics
The department started functioning in the year 2003. We offer value added courses namely “Coral Draw”, “Photoshop” and “C” to enhance the technical skills of the students. Student centered programme is arranged by the students of the department. Many guest lectures and meetings are organized for the benefit of student community. Eminent faculty Mrs. S. Vallimeena, Mrs. L. Babiyola, Mrs. P. Maheswari, Mrs. A.S.I. Joy Sinthiya also served in this department. At present the department functions under the leadership of Mrs. S. Sudha. Many of our alumnae are placed in banks, colleges, schools and also in IT fields. There are 15 University rank holders in the department from the year of establishment.
- Face the challenges of the modern world with scientific skills
- To be a department in dynamic equilibrium with its social, ecological and economic environment resonated in excellence in education and research service to the nation.
- To achieve academic excellence on par with today’s requirement
- To enhance imperative measures thrive in today’s highly competitive environment.
- To develop interactive instructional techniques , which plays a vital role in career prospects
- To improve emotional quotient of students to withstand the stress and strain of developing world.
- To train young women to put into action their ideas and innovations in science with confidence for the betterment and enrichment of mankind.