Department of Chemistry
|Vision||“Excel in Chemical Education, Research & Services”
The Department of Chemistry and Research centre endeavours to become a leading provider of interdisciplinary approaches to Chemistry Education and Research that attracts and prepares diverse students to be scientifically literate, socially committed and competitive professionals to meet the future demands of the changing global environment.
|Mission||The Department of Chemistry and research center will be a platform for an individual’s holistic development to make an effective contribution to the present global scenario.|
|1973||Year of Establishment|
|2013||Year of Commencement of PG Department|
|2020-2021||Year of Commencement of Research Centre|
|Pioneers||• Prof. Vedha
• Prof. Radha
• Prof. N.Shunmuga Parvathy
• Prof. K.Ananthavalli
• Prof. T.Ratnamoni
• Dr. P.G.Seetha Lakshmi
• Dr. K.Sarada
|Highlights of the Department||• To our credit 6 UGC funded minor research projects worth Rs.14,95,000/- have been completed.
• Our Department has five approved Research Supervisors.
• The department offers an Add on course on “Industrial Chemistry” for the first degree students during zero hours.
• Many of our Alumnae have been placed in reputed organizations, industries, colleges, schools and in other institutions including the nationally renowned CFTRI.
• Consultancy services are also offered by the department.
• Organized Two day sponsored UGC National seminar on ‘Recent Trends in Chemistry-2013’.
• “Best Department” award was received twice 2015-16 & 2016- 17.
• Under “Earn You While Learn Programme” Our students prepared Phenyl, Soap, Agarpathi and Naphthalene balls.
• To provide opportunity for active/interactive learning experiences in- class as well outside the classroom environment & enhances interpersonal skills and communication techniques our Department take the students to Industrial Visit.
• II P.G students went to internship programme for 15 days in Heavy water Plant, Thoothukudi and successfully submitted their project.
|Publications||Chem Talk - Inhouse Magazine|