Master of Arts in Tamil is a postgraduate Tamil Language and Literature course. The course duration is two years. This course provides an in-depth understanding of the origin of the language and its enhancement with time.
It involves the study and interpretation of the language and various poems and dramas written by renowned Tamil scholars.The language courses enhance students’ understanding of linguistic concepts and language discourse from a functional grammar perspective. Students study ancient Tamil history, its many forms (mentioned above) and also how these styles shade into each other, forming a stylistic continuum.
The literature courses offer an insight into a range of literary genres, periods, and styles.
- The students learn the entire literature of Tamil and apply the same in their day to day life
- This course of study gives adequate knowledge and competence to face competitive examinations
- It is a platform to inculcate the importance of human values, a sense of social service, responsibility and to carry out the duties of a citizen.
- Critical temper and creative ability also prospers
- Devotional Literature enables the students to learn about the various religious faiths and customs. It enhances unity among the students and shapes them to become good citizens of the world
- Through comparing, Modern and New literature, the students can learn about the various cultures, worldwide ideas, and human values
- The psychological and intellectual characters from this literature enlighten the wisdom of the pupil and provide the chance to increase their own personality with worldwide knowledge
- Enable to become writers, orators, and linguists.
- Appreciate traditional arts and become artists.
- Equip students to take up competitive examinations.
- Analyze ancient literature and classics in the light of modern literature through review, rewriting, and reconstruction.
- Attain academic excellence in teaching and research