M.Sc. Chemistry or Master of Science in Chemistry is a career-oriented postgraduate course of 2 years. The course is specially curated for the students willing to gain a more powerful grip over the areas of chemical reactions and chemical composition of substances.
- To impart knowledge in fundamental aspects of all branches of chemistry
- To acquire deep knowledge in the study of physical, chemical, electrochemical and magnetic properties, structure elucidation using various techniques and applications of various organic and inorganic materials
- To acquire basic knowledge in the specialized areas of chemistry
- To train the students in various quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Understand the concept of Aromaticity, Novel ring systems, Reaction Mechanism
- Recall nuclear chemistry and to study the applications of radio isotopes
- Understand the Principles of Thermodynamics of irreversible processes, Quantum mechanics and Statistical Thermodynamics
- Understand the Kinetics of second order reactions
- Understand the concept of by UV, FT-IR, ORD and CD spectral studies, Aromatic Nucleophilic substitution reaction, Intermediate, Natural Products
- Get the Knowledge about Quantum mechanics and Statistical Thermodynamics
- Understand the concept of literature survey, chemical abstract, problem choosing, characterization by using instrumental techniques, data analysis, computer searching for literature.