There are two units of NSS (Unit No: 47 & 57) functioning in our college. Students are trained to dedicate themselves to the service of humanity. The units conduct annual camps in nearby villages where the students learn to associate with people, understand their difficulties and assist the rural folk in finding solutions for their problems.
- Understand the community in which they work
- Understand themselves in relation to their community.
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving.
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- Utilise their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems.
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities.
- Gain skills in mobilising community participation.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes.
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters.
- Practise national integration and social harmony.
Dr. H. Kohila Subathra Christy
Head & Asst. Professor of Chemistry
NSS Programme Officer, Unit No. 47
Dr. J. Vasantha Sena
Assistant Professor of English
NSS Programme Officer, Unit No. 57