Department of Commerce
|Vision||Academic Excellence and Holistic Development of Students|
|Mission||* Enlightening the students with knowledge in various fields of Commerce.
* Creating confidence to students who are pursuing and planning to pursue professional courses like Chartered Accountancy and M.B.A.
* Enabling the students to develop their personality positively in order to become disciplined and socially responsible citizens.
|1980||Year of Commencement|
|2012||Sanction of UGC sponsored Career Oriented Programme – Import & Export Procedures|
|2016||MoU signed with SIRC of ICAI, Tuticorin Chapter|
|Pioneers||Mrs. P. Gogila Rani
Dr. S. Malarkodi
Dr. A. Padrakali
Dr. K. Sathya Bama
|Highlights of the Department||* Vocational Education & Training is given to students since 2019-2020.Training in Hand Embroidery was given to final year students in 2019-2020 and in Apiculture (Beekeeping) during 2020-2021.
* Organize Career Oriented & Entrepreneurship Oriented Programmes to promote Women Entrepreneurship and Placement in highly dignified positions.
* To relish the joy of sharing and caring, the Department is providing service for the betterment of the local community since 2018-2019.
* Nearly 20 students are pursing Professional Courses like C.A, & C.M.A.
|Publications||ELITE - In-house Journal|