B.Sc. Zoology is a professional undergraduate degree course which deals with Animal Biology. The course essentially revolves around the comprehensive study of Animal Biodiversity, Physiology, Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Ecology, and Environment Management.
- Impart basic knowledge of various branches of Zoology and General biology meant both for a graduate terminal course and for higher studies.
- Inculcate interest in and love of nature with its myriad living creatures.
- Understand the unity of life with the rich diversity of organisms and their ecological and evolutionary significance.
- Acquire basic skills in the observation and study of nature, biological techniques, experimental skills and scientific investigation.
- Acquire basic knowledge and skills in certain applied branches to enable them for self-employment.
- Impart awareness of the conservation of the biosphere.
- Understand the structure, functional organization, adaptations, and economic importance of lower and higher invertebrates.
- Understand the sequential change from the cellular grade of the organization to the organ grade of organization in the development of Multicultural organisms
- Enable the students to understand the social realities
- Elucidate the structure and functions of the cell organelles
- Understand the structure and anatomy of earthworms
- Know the vermin culture and vermin composting methods for effective waste management
- Understand the Biotechnological equipment, its working mechanism, and applications.
- Explore the scope for students in various biotechnological institutes
- Learn the utility and applications of Biotechnological instruments so as to study their role in human welfare.
- Know the basic bio-statistical methods for students to do the project