Bachelor of Arts in History or B.A. History is a three-year undergraduate degree programme that teaches the students how human civilization evolved to the present time from the prehistoric times. Throughout the duration of the programme, the students get to know about the global and Indian major historical events.
- To provide students with a wider scope at the graduate level itself in practically relevant and advanced areas of study and research.
- To relate history discipline with practical needs and tasks.
- In order to encourage a multi-disciplinary approach.
- To make students inquisitive and intellectually sharper.
- To give thrust on studying History subject as a process rather than an aggregate of finished state of affairs.
- It must be taught as a social science studying processes and human affairs from a developmental perspective. This requires a holistic approach as opposed to the usual practice of dividing History into the social-political economic culture and so on as independent facets.
- Know the social condition of Tamilnadu & Land systems
- Know the Art and Education of Tamil Country
- History of India Upto 647 AD
- Know the importance of accommodation
- Understand the dangers of Environmental threats due to various kinds of pollutions
- Bring about the direct and village participation of the villagers in development
- Indian Administrative System , Indian Constitution II
- Understand the reaction of Chinese towards the Europeans
- Learn the general course of human history in multiple areas of the world
- Understand the Effects of Science and Technology