Department of Tamil
|Vision||To lay foundation for the excellence of Tamil and enhance the development of the Institution by igniting and promoting ethusiasm, interest & passion in the study of Tamil language, as a part of curriculum.|
|Mission||• To awaken young minds and to bring into limelight their research
skills through dedication to teach, commitment towards students and innovative Instructional methods like Power point presentation and Visual Aids.
• To make vibrant contribution in the area of Faculty Research and to
develop high level of competence in the study of Tamil Literature.
• To organise and sustain highly efficient operating systems for the
realisation of Institutional goals.
|1973||Part I – Language – Tamil|
|1981||Year of Establishment|
|1984||Introduction of Post Graduate Programme|
|1987||Introduction of M.Phil Programme|
|1996||Recognition as Research Centre|
|Pioneers||Dr. N. Kanthimathi lakshmi
Dr. S. Rukmani
Dr. S. Gurulakshmi
Dr. H. Anarkali
|Highlights of the Department||1) First institution to introduce tamil literature as major subject in Tuticorin district.
2) Conducting university level essay competition for Muththamil Vizha and encouraging by giving Rolling cup.
3) Participation of Retired Staff involve in activities of department.
4) A.P.C. Mahalakshmi Tamilaivu Maiyam is the first Research department in Tuticorin district.
5) Our department engage the service of our faculty members, who volunteer in preparing students for the competitive Examinations like SET/NET.
6) National and International level Seminars, Workshops and Conferences have been annually conducted.
7) Every Thursday Viyazhavattam program has been organized by our department.
8) Every year professors of our department are publishing Books.
9) So far 164 Ph.D scholars were awarded by our department
|Publications||Thamizhavel - In – house Magazine since 2019
Faculty Aided Stream
DR. A. VIJAYA LAKSHMI